The Santiago Bernabéu stadium is Real Madrid's home ground. It is a UEFA-classified Elite Stadium, awarded the top 5-star status in 2007. Real Madrid football team is the best club of the 20th century trophy. 10 European cups and Real the only club to have kept a European Cup by winning it five times in a row. Real Madrid also has 3 Intercontinental cups and 32 Ligas.
Santiago Bernabéu Stadium and Spain's premier football team, Real Madrid, are closely associated. Some truly memorable football has been played within the walls of Santiago Bernabéu Stadium, and no doubt many more hours of memorable football has yet to be played there too.
Work commenced on a bare patch of ground on October 27th, 1944. The inauguration of the stadium, then called Estadio Chamartin, took place on December 14th, 1947. Eight years later on January 4th, 1955, Real Madrid changed the name of the stadium to its current name in honor of Santiago Bernabéu, the club's president at the time.
In the heady world of football, Santiago Bernabéu Stadium is legendary. It enjoys a high level of fame and respect from football fans and players all over the world. The European Cup final has been played in the stadium in 1957, 1969 and 1980 - three times in all. In 2010 it once again hosted the European Cup final, and was filled to capacity for the event.
THE VISIT FOR LIMITED MOBILITY PEOPLE:
People on wheelchairs cannot access all the parts of the Tour. Instead they will be able to visit the “Best Club in History” room, the trophy cabinet, as well as the technical area for free along with a companion.
- You can borrow a wheelchair, if needed.
- The stadium has a plan for people with disabilities in the event of danger or emergency.
- There are guided tours for people with disabilities.
Access and public information:
- The sidewalk that leads to the stadium is recessed. It has a free passage width > 1.50 m.
- Access to the Tour is done by the Tower B, the door remains open during visiting hours and has a free passage width >= 2 m. After entry take the stairs up to the second floor where the security and control office, then continue upstairs to the fourth floor and the Tour starts.
- Persons with Reduced Mobility (PRM) must notify the guard to accompany them to the door 23, it is a 10 cm step.
- The front door opens out alternative and has a free step width of 1.17 m. Behind, there is a metal ramp that connects with 2 lifts for access from the ground floor to the 4th, where the Tour starts in the showroom trophies.
- The ramp is usable, it has two L-shaped sections, one of 3.30 m and a length of 4.40 m with a step width of 1.38 m and a 14% inclination. The second tranche has a handrail on one side.
- Before the lifts a cross lathes with a free passage width of 82 cm.
- The Tour tickets are purchased at the box office 10 of the stadium, located in the Paseo de la Castellana at the door 7 and the route is accessible.
- The box office has a protective glass and is not equipped with a magnetic induction loop to facilitate communication for people with hearing aids.
- The counter at the box office has a height> 1.20 m, not suitable for wheelchair users.
For people with limited mobility or physical disabilities, Accessible Madrid (www.accessiblemadrid.com) have at your disposal the best mobility scooters to go and visit Real Madrid's Santiago Bernabeu Stadium. Access the stadium with your mobility scooter and enjoy this great tour comfortably seated. Contact us if you wish to plan your trip to Madrid and we will help you and provide you with adapted tours and actvities.
REAL MADRID INFORMATION
Address: Avenida de Concha Espina, 1. 28036 Madrid
Metro: Estación Santiago Bernabéu (Line 10)
- Book your guided visit telephone +34 91 398 43 70
Prices: Adults €25, Children (up to 14 years old) €18.00, Adult Membership Card holders €17.00, Junior Membership Card holders €13.00. Season-ticket holders get in for free when they present their membership card (not their season-ticket) at the ticket office. Tickets are sold at Box Office 10, beside Gate 7 (Paseo de la Castellana, entrance at Tower B).
Open every day except the 25th of December and the 1st of January.
Non Match days: Monday to Saturday: from 10.00 to 19.00 - Sundays and public holidays: from 10.30 to 18.30.
On Match days: On match days, tours are available until 5 hours before the beginning of the game. After that time and until 3 hours and a half before kick-off, it will only be possible to visit the "Best Club of the 20th Century" room, “Sensations Room” and the Panoramic View of the Stadium.